Sunday, October 21, 2012

I Can Do All Things. . .


Dianne Trice’s blog post, How can we get willpower back once it has been depleted (15 July 2011), explores the reason why we lose willpower throughout the day in order to make it stronger and thrive longer. Trice’s thesis states how there are many examples and with each example she gives the reasoning and causes of that example. The author’s apparent reason for this was to help people find and strengthen their willpower in order to be more productive in their life. The intended audience was those struggling strong willpower and trying to improve theirs.

 I related a great deal with this piece because many times you have so many things going on your life you don’t want to do all the things you need to do. Lately, with so many classes, the willpower to study in classes that aren’t always as exciting as the other isn’t high on my priority list. Usually, I wait to the last minute to do my assignments and study for a test. I believe that other people have different willpower peeks. Such as, I work late shifts at my job and I find my willpower peek is after my shift.

The author states four examples of reversing depleted willpower: being well rested, eating regularly, caffeine, and good moods. Along with all of the examples the author also includes strengthening your willpower. She proclaims that if you add simple tasks to things that you are already accustomed to, it will make it easier to add unlikely tasks to your day (133). With the strengthen willpower, it will be easier for you to perform task that you would usually put off, for example exercising (132). The blog would truly be the root to be a success college student.

No comments:

Post a Comment